My life has been spent in and around the coastline of NSW Australia, I have been painting on and off since childhood and professionally for 10 years. I feel there is so much more to learn and I love the journey of learning new techniques in creating my works. It comes natural for me to want to express the energy, moods of the ocean, clouds and wave movement via the brush.
I am intrigued by the colours, shades and transparency that constantly change in the ocean, and as a keen surfer these can be up close and very personal. The whole experience of capturing the power or serenity of this environment poses different challenges as does the expression through surrealism, impressionism or traditional approaches. There is just so much going on above and below the ocean and I guess as an artist for me the challenge is to express this creation as I see and feel.
Wayne is available for private tuition.
His work is in private collections nationally and internationally.
Exhibitions & Awards
- 1992 Woolgoolga Art Gallery Exhibition - 1st Place Seascapes Section
- 2005 Noosa Heads Surf Art Expo
- 2006 Bunker Art Gallery Coffs Harbour - Invitation Group Exhibition
- 2006 Noosa Heads Surf Art Exp
- 2006 New Caledonia - Invitation Exhibition
- 2007 Sydney Showground Colour in Your Life, TV Art's Program - Invited Artist
- 2008 Australia Surf Art Festival - Winner of People's Choice Award
- 2008 FOCUS Art's Exhibition Coffs Harbour - Invited Artist
- 2010 Solo Exhibition Greenroom Gallery Coffs Harbour
- 2011 Kirra Art's Festival
- 2016 Water & Wood Exhibition - Duo Exhibition with Wayne Haworth
- 2016-2017 Henderson Art Gallery Brisbane - Solo Exhibition
- 2010-2017 Greenroom Gallery The Promenade Coffs Harbour
Media & Events
- 2007 Slide magazine - Artist Interview
- 2009 Pacific Longboard Magazine - Featured Artist
- 2010 Ocean Artist Society US - Member Induction
- 2011Focus Magazine - Featured Artist
- 2014 Best of Worldwide Landscapes Magazine - Featured Artist
- 2015 Australian Artist Palette - Featured Artist / Artist Seascape Tutorial
- 2017 Geelong Art Workshop - Invited Artist
- 2018 Surf'd Online Magazine - Artist Interview